It’s January! That means new year, new you! It also means facing the hardest part of your New Year’s resolution, which is consistency. Without consistency, our New Year’s resolutions become nothing more than wasted effort during the first few months of the year, followed by inevitably setting the same resolution the next year around. The goal should be to create a healthy lifestyle that lasts longer than a few months.
This brings us to the power of preparation! Preparation can be the difference between a long-lasting lifestyle change and another failed resolution. Here are some great ways that you can prepare yourself for the following day that will help you stick to your future goals and make it that much harder to make excuses to yourself. Preparation is key for a new you made easy! Check out these tips below:
- Clothes: Set out your outfit and workout gear for the next day. It’s a great reminder that will encourage you to get dressed and get going!
- Meal Prepping: Plan and prep your meals and make healthy snacks readily available to yourself! We tend to grab & go when it comes to snacks, so convenience is key!
- Workouts: Write out your daily workouts each week. This will help to hold your future-self accountable. You may not always be motivated, but discipline and written workout goals will help you to push through!
- Goals: Write down your short and long-term goals. Decide what you want to accomplish this week, this month, and this year, and focus on reaching these goals one step at a time!
- Inspiration: Write down inspirational sayings, motivational quotes, and personal mantras that really move you and strategically place them so you can refer to them throughout the day. Staying inspired will remind you of why you started!
It’s all about holding yourself accountable! Harness the power of preparation and watch your healthy habits become your healthy lifestyle!